Healthy Eating - Finding the Right Foods
Natural healthy eating can be a joy, if... you can you cut through the maze of misleading information. This subject can be very confusing, but this site does not provide the usual widespread mainstream information you normally find. If you are serious about your own health, you'll enjoy this website. It's all about finding the right foods.
- Discover the critical factor that must be present in good, sound food-nutrition.
- Determine which are definitely unhealthy foods.
- Most importantly... learn how to tell if a food is going to help build your body or be a problem for it in the future - before you eat it.
Nutritious Foods Taste Wonderful
In today's world, all apples are not the same. You'll have me as your guide as you travel on your "healthy eating" journey.
You'll find excellent references on nutrition facts and healthy foods from my personal research which began over 40 years ago.
| Apples that Make You Smile!|
For example, in 1998, while searching the Internet, my husband and I found a farmer in Michigan who sold apples. We lived in California.
He grew these apples using biodynamic farming principles. He was happy to ship us a case but we paid a pretty penny for the shipping.
Well... those were the best apples we ever ate! And, they were HUGE! I couldn't stop telling people about them for months after that.
We found more biodynamic food and came to realize those growing procedures result in the healthiest foods that we were to ever experience.
Shipping is a Factor
Too bad on shipping costs. Those apples were really not affordable when living so far away. I try to keep my nutrition facts in mind, so... I began looking for apples in the health food stores, trying to find the highest quality, always hoping to match those apples.
Organic, in season, comes close. If not in season, you are looking at stored apples which can be many months old, and usually waxed to improve their looks.
I always try to buy foods close to home. The local farmer's market is excellent if you have one.
From there, I look for the best quality farming procedures to maintain my healthy eating habits. They drop out when foods aren't nutritious.
I had to learn how to avoid foods grown using pesticides, synthetic chemical fertilizers and genetically modified seeds. These reduce the nutrition you are trying to get out of the food you buy, so why pay for it. Plus they can cause other negative effects.
I had to learn how the foods were grown. Here's my order of preference:
"Biodynamic: a type of organic farming system developed by Austrian scientist and philosopher Rudolf Steiner in the early 1900’s."
"Organic (Agriculture): referring to a type of agriculture that promotes the use of renewable resources and management of biological cycles to enhance biological diversity, without the use of genetically modified organisms, or synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers.
"Sustainable (Agriculture): referring to an agricultural system that is ecologically sound, economically viable, and socially just...
"Conventional (Agriculture): an industrialized agricultural system characterized by mechanization, monocultures, and the use of synthetic inputs such as chemical fertilizers and pesticides..."
Here's another important factor in maintaining healthy eating habits. Packaged foods are processed to taste good but they often lack sound nutrition. The good taste comes from the addition of monosodium glutamate which is a flavor enhancer.
There is much controversy about this ingredient. You might want to learn more about it. I had to learn how to find good healthy foods by reading and understanding food labels.
When you avoid foods containing monosodium glutamate (MSG), you end up having more control over your food choices. This food additive has an added value to the manufacturers as it seems people crave them.
To learn more, you can find a lot of information in the book "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills" by Russell L. Blaylock. Healthy eating really does depend on being cause over your food selections. This book should help your understanding of this controversial ingredient.
What You'll Find Here
You'll find lots of stories and helpful information on healthy foods here. A healthy eating goal is not an easy goal to attain in today's society. The goal of this site is to help you learn to evaluate all that information so you really know for yourself which are the healthy choices and which aren't.
- Search Natural Healthy Eating
- New search tool installed for you to find your way around easier. Have a look.
- About - Natural Healthy Eating
- (Updated 7-10-13)You can find out about why it's so important to keep up with the changes being made to our foods, where to find the nutritious foods that support life - your healthy food choices.
- Blog Signup Form - Latest "Natural Healthy Eating" Articles
- New easy blog signup form - be notified by Email or RSS of our new and updated articles just published on our Natural Healthy Eating website!
- Natural Healthy Eating Blog
- Enjoy the latest news from Natural Healthy Eating...
- Contact Us
- You may contact us any time. We are happy to respond.
- Our Site Policies - Natural Healthy Eating
- Please read our site policies for better understanding the information you find here and how we regard your personal information.
- The Best Chia Seeds - Why My Choice
- February 2016 - Test for best chia seeds with pictures showing high and low quality of chia seeds using water absorption. Includes story of how I found the best chia seeds, lost them and then...
- Where to Buy Chia Seeds
- (Updated Feb 2016) You need to know where to buy chia seeds to get the most nutrition. I learned this lesson well.
- Chia Seed FAQ
- Updated 5-19-15 Is chia seed an appetite suppressant? What's the proper care and shelf life? Can chia seeds cause bloating? How much is safe to eat a day?
- Question - Is AZChia Still My Choice?
- My answer to the question - is AZChia still my choice - Here's an update
- Smart about chia is an ebook soon to be released. You'll find some answers not usually discussed on the Internet that will help you get more value from this tiny little seed.
- Overweight Chia Tips
- If you're looking for help in losing weight, "Overweight Chia Tips" may hold some answers for you.
- Health vs Disease
- When considering Health vs Disease, answer this question... Does creating health by nutrition get better results than curing a disease with drugs?
- Healthy Eating Habits - Making it Easier
- Healthy eating habits made easy by children - for children and for adults. Watch this short video and end up with some hope and a smile on your face.
- More On Chocolate
- Here's more on chocolate you may not know... (updated 12-20-10)
- Healthy Eating Tips
- You'll find healthy eating tips here to help you make more educated choices as you work your way around the grocery stores or markets.
- Raw Cacao Beans - How are they Different from Raw Cacao Nibs?
- Raw cacao beans are different from raw cacao nibs. Here's the answer to a question I was asked..
- Healthy Eating Articles
- If you are looking for healthy eating articles, you can scan through our list and select those of interest.
- Product Index for Healthy Foods
- Updated 2-27-11 More products added today... This product index will be growing over the next few weeks with new product announcements. Stay tuned!
- Healthy Eating Resources
- More healthy eating resources (Updated 12-17-10) with suggested healthy foods to look into.
- Book List
- (Updated 4-24-13 with a book on Chia) A book list for the health minded who like to feel energetic throughout life
- Benefits to Exercise - And How to Get Them
- We provide a new look at benefits to exercise that can open the door to your specific needs. Learn how to determine what you can benefit from your own personalized exercise program.
- Ask a Question
- Ask a question related to healthy or unhealthy foods and we work to provide answers that makes sense to you...
- Why Eat Chocolate
- Why eat chocolate? Find out what's good and what's bad about eating chocolate.
- Chocolate Facts - F.A.Q.
- Here are some answers to questions about chocolate facts you may have been wondering about.
- Facts About Chocolate - Updates Added January 2012
- End confusion and know the facts about chocolate. We provide information that will help you determine which chocolate is the good kind, the not so good kind, and which is the bad.
- Nutrition Facts - The Hidden Story
- Nutrition facts on labels show only a very small portion of what you need to know. You'll learn more here in determining the real nutrition facts about the foods you eat.
- Organic Foods - Right to Your Door
- Finding organic foods... how about right to your front door? I'm talking legitimate organic foods from people who go the extra step. Here's a few sources that I've found so far.
- Food Nutrition Guide
- This Food Nutrition Guide will help find the more nutritious foods in the markets today and to avoid the worst. It's helpful to know highly nutritious foods do exist and where to find them.
- Looking for Organic Food Sources?
- Organic food sources are cropping up all over and we are sharing what we find. You'll learn more about the small farmers that really care about your health and contribute to many farmer's markets or
- Safe Fish to Eat - Where are They?
- How to find safe fish to eat - find out how to avoid the mercury in fish. Learn about the responsible fishing practices certifications on labels.
- Healthy Chocolate Choices- How to Tell the Good from the Bad
- Healthy chocolate (update-11-12-2010) is easy to find once you know the secrets. Just look on the label or the ingredients and you'll get a clue. We provide some answers here.
- Protein Rich Foods - How do You Tell?
- Protein rich foods and high quality protein foods are not always the same. You can find out what makes the difference here..
- Easy Grind Nibs - Using the Oster Mini Jar
- Easy grind nibs using the Oster Mini Jar is faster and does a better job when you do it this way. I tested both the Oster regular blender container and the mini jar.
- How to Afford Healthy Foods
- Here's some really good tips on how to afford healthy foods. It's not as hard as it may seem and you may be more in control of your own survival as well.
- Chocolate Delight Recipe
- Final evolution of chocolate delight recipe - tops all our previous chocolate treat recipes. This one is supreme!
- Spirulina Crunchies Recipe
- This spirulina crunchies recipe is fast and easy to make and a great compliment to any meal or snack - very healthy for you too!
- Healthy Food Recipes
- Updated 10-10-2010 - These healthy food recipes require special ingredients. That's what makes them so healthy.
- RiSoTriene Recipe - Superfoods for Beautiful Hair and Nails
- Superfoods are in this RiSoTriene recipe - really nutritious and great taste. The results... stronger nails and beautiful hair.
- Maca Root - Is it for You?
- Maca root (up-dated July 2016) can provide many benefits. Take a look at what it is and what makes it a super food.
- Superfoods - What Are They?
- Superfoods need a good sound definition (Updated 11-17-2009) Before you decide what these new foods are, take a look at what we think makes sense.
- RisoTriene Life Solubles - Our Choice of Stabilized Rice Bran
- Risotriene Life Solubles, (updated September 2011) a natural source of antioxidants and first to appear on the open market as a stabilized rice bran.
- Fish Oil Supplements - How to Choose
- (Updated Feb 2016) Buying fish oil supplements can be risky. Learn more about choosing the best and get better results for your money.
- Omega 3 - Important to Know
- Can you get enough Omega 3 from Chia Seeds or do you need some Omegas from the Sea?. Here's what I've found...
- Reading Food Labels - Avoiding Unhealthy Foods?
- Reading food labels is a MUST - Which are healthy foods and which aren't. Understanding the hidden meanings on labels will help you avoid the unhealthy foods... and, select the healthy ones.
- Food Nutrition Facts
- These are food nutrition facts that you won't find on any label. You'll be getting the basics that will help you puchase really nutritious foods.
- Unhealthy Foods - You Do Have A Choice
- (Updated 3-28-11) Unhealthy foods are everywhere... but what makes them unhealthy? This is vital information you should know.
- Slide Shows - An Easy Way to Learn
- Our slide shows make it easy to learn. Pictures and words together are informative and fun!
- Valdivia Farms
- Valdivia Farms Letâ€™s go for a visit... Valdivia Farms Look - hillside farming, rows and rows! Valdivia Farms Taking pride in farming provides us wonderful food! Valdivia Farms Attentive care and lots of love produces beautiful berries! Valdivia Farms Here - these are heirloom tomato plants! Valdivia Farms Talk about heirloom tomatoes Look here... This one is a beauty! Valdivia Farms Pack â€˜em up - weâ€™re going to market. Valdivia Farms Beautiful heirloom tomatoes - just about ready to go! Valdivia Farms Carlsbad, California Produce Stand found near corner of El Camino Real and Tamarack St. Open Monday through Sunday 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Valdivia Farms Find them at these Farmers Markets Text Text Monday: West Hollywood Tuesday: Culver City, Torrance, Norwalk Wednesday: Santa Monica Thursday: Santa Ana Friday: El Torito Saturday: Torrance, Santa Monica, Laguna Beach & San Diego Sunday: Hollywood, La Jolla
- Help Antioxidants Help You?
- Antioxidants help you have a strong immune system. This is a story about how they help you. They are little troopers using their secret strategy to support the cells that do all the work