Spirulina Crunchies Recipe
I developed this Spirulina Crunchies Recipe to go with my chocolate treats. It goes tremendously well with chocolate when you eat them together. I find these two foods balance each other and I'm really satisfied so I don't over eat.
Actually, any meal you eat and want a dessert, if you just eat a couple of these "Spirulina Crunchie Cubes" you should feel very happy without any heavy dessert. It's great!
It's an easy recipe. You'll need the following:
- ice cube tray with 16 cube slots
- teaspoon measuring spoon
- small tool or use handle of spoon
- Spirulina Crunchies - 16 teaspoons
- Coconut Oil - 1/3 Cup
- Stevia - 1/4 teaspoons (or test, more or less to taste)
Read through the following steps to get the idea of how to do this. There are some tricks to this that I've learned.
Important for Best Results
I learned a lot in developing this Spirulina Crunchies recipe - making lots of mistakes. So here is the best way to make the cubes come out of the tray and taste really good.
This is a simple ice cube tray that I've had for years. Any ice cube tray should work if it's flexible. I twist the tray to release the cubes. Sometimes several times when only a few fall out at a time.
- Coconut should be melted (just put the amount called for in a jar and set in a bowl of hot water until clear - stir as needed to hasten melting)
- Add Stevia to the melted coconut oil and stir well. (stevia should be a little sweeter than normal to balance the taste of the spirulina - this will be a learning experience from individual to individual since our taste preferences vary.
- Put a teaspoon of coconut oil/stevia mix into each tray cube stirring the coconut/stevia before you take your teaspoon of oil out of the jar. (This ensures you get a good mix of the stevia to oil if it isn't all dissolved.
- Put a level teaspoon of Spirulina Crunchies into each tray cube.
- Stir each tray cube with the spoon handle to mix well. (You want to ensure the spirulina is mixed with the oil well - use the spoon handle to scrape the bottom of each tray cube so the oil is covering the spirulina and bottom well. (The spirulina has a tendency to sink to the bottom and stick making it hard to get out of the tray unless you put the oil in first and then stir well covering all the little crunchies with oil)
- I usually add about 1/3 teaspoon more of oil/stevia mix on top of the crunchies and mix one more time. (This ensures I get all the crunchies saturated with oil and I have a little extra oil showing on top when hardened - it's really fun to eat.)
- Put in freezer for about 10 minutes to get coconut oil to harden. They usually pop out of the tray when twisted and turned over onto a clean surface. If they aren't hard, put back in freezer for a few more minutes and try again.
- Put the Spirulina Crunchie Cubes into a small container, cover, and put into the fridge to eat as you wish.
- I usually eat one or two at a time, maybe once or twice a day.
For Spirulina Crunchies Recipe - Best Prices
There are several places you can purchase these Spirulina Crunchies. I buy mine from Sunfood because they have the lowest price. If they are out, I go to Amazon and buy from there. Just be sure you are getting the "Spirulina Crunchies" not just "Spirulina". The products are not the same.
Here's a link to Sunfood for the smallest package. It's $19.99 for 4 oz. You'll also find good information there on how these little crunchies are processed.
Spirulina Crunchies, 4oz, Raw
Here's a link to Sunfood's 8 oz package where you'll save some money buying the larger size.
Spirulina Crunchies, 8oz, Raw
If they are out of stock, go to Amazon and see if they have Sunfood. Sometimes they do, even if Sunfood is out. They are usually the same low price.
Here's a link for the Sunfood brand at Amazon. There's a little box to click on to get either the 8 oz or the 4 oz package.
Sunfood Spirulina Crunchies, Raw, Vegan, Nutrient-rich (8 Oz)
You'll find others at Amazon, VivaPura and Green Tara but you'll be paying $2 to $3 more for the 4 oz packages and $6.50 to $8.50 more for the 8 oz packages.
So be sure and compare prices. If you find you like them as much as I do, you won't want to run out. They are a really nutritious food to add to your diet. And these little cubes are easy to grab and eat. Just be sure to eat these little Spirulina Crunchies Cubes before the coconut oil warms up.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I've been eating these little crunchies prepared this way for over a year now.
If you have any questions, you can let me know buy following this link and asking your question.
Ask a Question
Talk to you later,
You can learn more about Spirulina and other superfoods here.
Go Superfoods from Spirulina Crunchies Recipes