Product Index for Healthy Foods
This Product Index page will be changing over the next few weeks. It will be easier to locate items and get around.
I've just put up three new items - Marine Phytoplankton and Ocean Plant Extract and Sunwarrior Rice Protein Powder. Just scroll down to find them for now.
We invite you to subscribe to our RSS Feed or use our
Blog Signup Form
to receive email notifications of new information being added.
Grass Fed Bison
- Grass fed bison, (no grains fed to them even in last month) are highest quality. They are low in fat and cholesterol and are a source of omega 3 - an excellent choice in red meats.
- We have only a couple of places where we purchases our Cacao Beans, Nibs and Powder. Take a look to find out why.
- These are the best, made by taking the skins off the raw cacao beans. They are also free of bacteria and mold, and you can make the most tasty chocolate treats in the world.
Chia Seeds from AZChia - These are a wonderful chia seeds packed full of nutrition and a good source of fiber. They help hydrate the digestive system when soaked before eaten and make a good addition to smoothies.
- We like to make our own healthy chocolate from raw cacao but there are good sources of healthy chocolate bars available as well. You just need to know where to look and know what you are looking for.
Marine Phytoplankton - Marine Phytoplankton is a wonderful product. I have used two different kinds over the last six years. They seem to do different things. I like to take one or the other for awhile and then switch back and forth throughout the year.
One is made by a company called Oceans Alive and the other is UMAC Core. Oceans Alive is a green colored liquid which indicates it still has chlorophyl plus other minerals. UMAC Core is clear and is harvested year round. I found the concentration of certain minerals varied from season to season in the UMAC Core.
You can compare both of these marine phytoplanktons here, plus pick them up for the lowest prices that I've found lately.
Ocean Plant Extract - I found this highly effective seaweed a few years ago. I heard it helped the Russian people recover from the devastating effects of radiation after the nuclear power accident happened in Chernobyl. From my research, this extract is a highly concentrated form of brown kelp This particular brand was brought to market by Donna Gates, author of the Body Ecology book and website.
"Also known as Saccharina japonica, Laminaria japonica is brown kelp that was used extensively by the Russian government to chelate radioactive toxins from Chernobyl victims. L. japonica is a rich source of iodine, as well as heavy metal chelators."
"Ocean Plant Extract is a raw, concentrated, exceptionally pure food supplement from the hardy, wild ocean vegetable called Laminaria japonica. Hand-harvested by Russian divers, the heavy outer fibers of the Laminaria are removed with low-temperature processing. Only the valuable nutrients remain in a potent, fully digestible form. 40 pounds of seaweed is used to make only one pound of extract."
"Ocean Plant Extract contains: Alginates that purge heavy metals mercury, lead, strontium, etc.* Minerals: Iodine for thyroid support in a bio-available ionic form along with iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium Essential Sugars: fucose, mannose & glucuronic acid naturally occurring in ocean plants enhance cellular communication & immune function* Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B12, C, E Antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory agents* Amino Acids" Reference - Body Ecology Website
The best price I've found comes through Amazon - Ocean Plant Extract
Safe Fish to Eat
- Good fish like tuna and salmon can still be found with very little mercury and toxins that pollute our oceans. We still need omega 3 from fish and good sea food is still a safe way to get it.
- Considered a Superfood, there's a lot of varieties available. We've found some better than others. It's considered an herb that does a lot of good for the endocrine system.
- This nutritious food is the whole bean pod finely ground without losing the quality we have been looking for. We use the mesquite powder in our chocolate treats as well as our protein smoothies.
Goat Whey Minerals
- High quality bio-available minerals are important for digestion. Minerals and enzymes work together to create a healthy body.
RiSoTriene LIfe Solubles
- There are some highly nutritious rice products worth knowing about. One has tremendous amounts of Vitamin E components in the rice bran which was not available commercially until the 1990's.
Sunwarrior Rice Protein Powder - This is the best rice protein powder on the market. I purchased it over two years ago and keep testing the competition. I just ended up with all these other rice protein powders sitting in my cabinet. They sit there until I happen to run out of Sunwarrior and am waiting for more to arrive.
It's best to buy the three pack as you can save about $30 and get shipping free. To see the details on the three pack, just go to Sunwarrior Protein and click on the "Free Shipping/Specials" - "Value Packs" on the top menu. You'll have to scroll down a little bit, but it's there.
I found the Vanilla to be the best, more flavor and a bit smoother than the Natural. I always add my own raw cacao powder when I want chocolate.
Please Note - Our Product Index continually changes as we find new products and validate the best sources. I hope you find it helpful when looking for specific healthy foods and their related information.
I would love to hear from you. Any particular food and or food related subject you would like to know more about?
For my latest articles, just go to
Natural Healthy Eating Blog from Product Index