Importance of Exercise to Healthy Eating
The importance of exercise has been a hard lesson for me to learn over my last 40 years. I've gone off and on various exercise programs over the years but at the age of 67, I finally got it.
Three Basic Exercise Categories
These videos are a fun way to gain an understanding of these terms if they aren't familiar to you already.
Importance of Exercise
Healthy eating will not do much good if a good exercise program is not followed as well. This is what I have specifically observed in terms of negative attributes:
- Poor circulation - stretching exercise and some sort of regular aerobic exercise improved this for me dramatically
- Can't sleep - I just do some sort resistive or stretching exercise before going to bed
- Body aches - stretching exercises really helps me
- Shallow breathing - aerobic exercise and anaerobic or resistive exercise. The lungs need exercise but I have found they also need supporting muscle. I do upper body anaerobic exercise along with aerobic exercise over a weekly schedule
- Bone density loss - definitely anaerobic exercise. This is incredible to see how quickly my teeth respond anaerobic and stretching exercising.
- Heart irregularities - I found many factors contributed to this but aerobic, anaerobic and stretching exercises eased the symptoms considerably
- Weight problems - now I'm thin and never fill out unless I do anaerobic exercises but note, I tend to be flabby on my thighs so aerobic exercises along with the aerobic exercises helps me handle that problem
I had to come to the conclusion that the importance of exercise to healthy eating should not be glossed over. Health did not result on healthy eating alone. They go together.
What Happens When You Eat and Don't Exercise?
It's like putting gas in your car but you never drive it. That is, of course silly. It's not that bad. But what happens when you drive your car only a little, like a few miles a day. You never take it out for a good long drive. Exhaust builds up inside the system and is bad for your engine.
Have you heard that you should take your car out for a long drive before taking your car in for a smog check? You flush out a lot of the exhaust on the open road and you stand a better chance of passing the smog check.
Exercise helps you flush out the exhaust that eating leaves behind. Particularly if you sit all day, like at the computer or in front of the television set.
What Foods are Best on a Good Exercise Program?
The common nutritional requirements during an exercise program that I have found are:
- High quality protein (Sun Warrior Rice Protein is my favorite along with high quality bison (Lindner Bison) and fish (Vital Choice)
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- High quality fats
- Good source of carbohydrates that are in balance to proteins and fats, example the 40-30-30 Zone Diet formulas
- Calcium and magnesium in balance (Peter Gillham's CalMag is excellent)
- High quality minerals (Mt Capra Goat Whey Minerals are super digestible and very complete)
- Sunshine for the highest quality vitamin D - just 10 to 15 minutes a day will help you out tremendously
By going over the above points, you may see the importance of exercise to healthy eating. Exercise does tear down the body if you aren't eating good nutritious foods to rebuild. But eating good healthy foods will not be well used when you don't move around much.
The information we share on this site and this page is what we personally experience and does not mean another person will experience the same thing. The information has not been evaluated by the FDA.
The information on this page is not meant to mislead anyone. If you are ill or under the care of a health practitioner, please ensure you consult him/her before starting any new food or exercise program.
It is also recommended by professional exercise trainers that people always consult their health care provider before beginning an exercise program.
Please feel free to email me if you have questions or comments. I am always happy to respond.
Go to the Natural Healthy Eating Page from Importance of Exercise