How Much Gel to Use
(another idea using chia gel)
I'm new to using chia seeds and I find it difficult to transport my package to and from work. I've read 1 tablespoon of seed to 8 oz of fluid.
So if I'm creating the gel and want to add it to my 8oz of grapefruit juice, am I using that same 1 tablespoon of gel? I just want to be clear.
Thanks for this new information on using chia and asking your question.
You can mix 1 tablespoon of the dry chia seeds in 8 oz of grapefruit juice. Once it absorbs all the liquid, it may be pretty thick but you may like it that way.
I usually do it a little differently. Here's what I do.
1. Mix 2 tablespoon of dry chia seeds in 8 oz of water.
2. Stir about three times while they absorb the water for twenty minutes.
3. Place the chia seed gel just made in the refrigerator and leave over night.
4. Now I am ready to use this gel throughout the day.
5. I would mix two or three tablespoons of the gel in my morning juice or protein drink.
6. I then mix another two or three tablespoons of the gel in another drink later in the day.
7. I may make three of these drinks through out the day. If I don't use it all, I save the rest of the gel for the next day.
(I always store what I am not using in the refrigerator which will keep just fine for several days. But what I mix in my drinks, I can take it along with me and drink it several hours later.)
The amount is up to you and according to why you are eating it. If you prefer to mix it directly into your grapefruit juice but don't like it so thick, try mixing a teaspoon and see how you like that. Or try a half tablespoon. Whatever works best for you will be fine. To get more chia a day, just do what works over again later in the day.
I hope this helps you. If you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.